What is critical congenital heart disease?

What is critical congenital heart disease?

In this video, Dr. K K Aggarwal, President Heart Care Foundation of India and Group Editor in Chief MEDtalks, will explain about critical congenital heart disease. He says that 1% of the new born children born suffer from congenital heart disease and 25% of them may have critical congenital heart disease. Critical congenital heart disease generally requires catherter based intervention or surgery within one year of life. He will further tell that 70% of such babies can be diagnosed on day one but remaining 30% cannot be diagnosed.

Dr. KK Aggarwal

Recipient of Padma Shri, Vishwa Hindi Samman, National Science Communication Award and Dr B C Roy National Award, Dr Aggarwal is a physician, cardiologist, spiritual writer and motivational speaker. He was the Past President of the Indian Medical Association and President of Heart Care Foundation of India. He was also the Editor in Chief of the IJCP Group, Medtalks and eMediNexus

 More FAQs by Dr. KK Aggarwal

Related FAQs

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Filter out the noise and nurture your inbox with health and wellness advice that's inclusive and rooted in medical expertise.

Subscribe Now   

Medtalks is India's fastest growing Healthcare Learning and Patient Education Platform designed and developed to help doctors and other medical professionals to cater educational and training needs and to discover, discuss and learn the latest and best practices across 100+ medical specialties. Also find India Healthcare Latest Health News & Updates on the India Healthcare at Medtalks