In this video, Dr. K K Aggarwal, President Heart Care Foundation of India and Group Editor in Chief MEDtalks, will talk about the situations of carbon monoxide poisoning and when is the patient shifted to hyperbaric oxygen. Carbon monoxide poisoning is generally lethal but there are times where they are survived and have end organ ischemia, severe metabolic acidosis, overt respiratory failure, etc. In all these situations, hyperbaric oxygen is necessary.
Recipient of Padma Shri, Vishwa Hindi Samman, National Science Communication Award and Dr B C Roy National Award, Dr Aggarwal is a physician, cardiologist, spiritual writer and motivational speaker. He was the Past President of the Indian Medical Association and President of Heart Care Foundation of India. He was also the Editor in Chief of the IJCP Group, Medtalks and eMediNexus