The National Medical Commission (NMC) has formulated NMC guidelines 2022 for medical professionals to follow in their professional activities. The salient features are:
1. Continuing professional development program: A registered medical practitioner (RMP) should attend continuing professional development programs regularly each year, totaling at least 30 credit hours every 5 years.
2. Prohibiting soliciting of patients. Every RMP is expected to prescribe drugs using generic medicines.
3. Prohibition of endorsement of the product or a person. Responsibility of RMP regarding the medical records.
4. RMPs and their families must not receive gifts, travel facilities, hospitality, cash or monetary grants, consultancy fee or honorariums, or access to entertainment or recreation from pharmaceutical companies, commercial health care establishments, medical device companies or corporate hospitals.
5. Guidelines on informed consent in clinical practice: the consent must be procedure specific. Under no circumstances will the patient’s data be posted on social media.
6. CV training should combine the traditional evidence-based emphasis with a new focus on medical ethics. Training CV specialists to recognize and address ethical issues may lead to the more rational use of resources.
Dr. Anil Chaturvedi is a Senior Registrar and Physician. In 1974, M.D. from Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi. He got the degree of Medicine.while worked as Senior Registrar and Physician from 1983 to 1989, he did research on diabetes in Naru with the world famous diabetologist Dr. Paul Zimat Stayed in Delhi's Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Escort Heart Institute, Shanti Mukund Hospital, Deepak Memorial Hospital. Central Hindi Institute's 'Dr. Atmaram Samman' (2013), Indian Medical Association's 'Dr. dn Datta Samman' (2008), 'Dr. Thakkar Samman (1996) and Dr. Bhide Award' (2004). In the year 1996, he was also honored with 'Rashtriya Hindi Samman' .'Vigyan Bhushan Samman' by Uttar Pradesh Hindi Sansthan in 2005, 'Sahitya Kriti Samman' by Hindi Academy, Delhi Government on the book 'Chikitsa Aur Hum' in 2006. 'B.C. Rai National Award' ,'Vyoshreshtha Samman, Lifetime Achievement', 'National Award for Science and Technology Communication' ,'I.M.A. Dr. BR Rama Subramaniam Award-2015' ,'Dr. A.K.N. Sinha Indian Medical Association'.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Filter out the noise and nurture your inbox with health and wellness advice that's inclusive and rooted in medical expertise.
Medtalks is India's fastest growing Healthcare Learning and Patient Education Platform designed and developed to help doctors and other medical professionals to cater educational and training needs and to discover, discuss and learn the latest and best practices across 100+ medical specialties. Also find India Healthcare Latest Health News & Updates on the India Healthcare at Medtalks
Please update your details