What tests should a gp perform if we suspects enlargement of thyroid gland?

What tests should a gp perform if we suspects enlargement of thyroid gland?

In this video, Dr. Parag Singhal, Endocrinologist, UK will discuss about the tests required for enlargement of thyroid gland. Enlargement of thyroid is very common in endemic areas where there is iodine deficiency. A general practitioner should ask for the following tests: thyroid profile and antibodies. He will further explain about underactive and overactive thyroid gland. The GP should ideally refer the patient to a specialist.

Dr. Parag Singhal

Dr Parag Singal is a Consultant Physician and Endocrinologist, Weston General Hospital and Nuffield Hospital Taunton, Fellow of Royal College of Physicians of London Hon Senior Lecturer, University of Bristol and Member of Medical Protection Society. He is also a consultant Physician, Weston General Hospital Consultant Physician and Endocrinologist, Nuffield Hospital, Taunton. Has been given the prestigious Bharat Gaurav Award and was involved with the British Association of Physicians of Indian Origin (BAPIO). A Weston-super-Mare doctor has been praised by the Prime Minister for his outstanding contribution to medicine and patient care.

 More FAQs by Dr. Parag Singhal

Get our Newsletter

Filter out the noise and nurture your inbox with health and wellness advice that's inclusive and rooted in medical expertise.

Your privacy is important to us




© 2022 Medtalks