Tridax, a traditional herb, is an effective erectile dysfunction medication and a proven treatment of low libido in males that help treat male sexual disorders and improve overall sexual health and performance.
Reproductive function impairment in men is a common medical condition that can cause numerous issues, including infertility, low libido, and erectile dysfunction. These impairments can have a significant impact on sexual functioning and overall health. Various factors, including hormonal imbalances, physical abnormalities, and lifestyle choices, such as smoking and excessive alcohol consumption, can contribute to the manifestation. Fortunately, many treatments are available to help men manage and improve their reproductive function.
Various studies conducted by researchers confirmed that the aqueous leaf extract of Tridax procumbens has the potential to attenuate reproductive function impairments. The extract was found to improve sperm quality and reduce oxidative stress. Furthermore, when administered orally, the extract has been proven to balance hormones, restore healthy glucose levels, and enhance sexual performance.
Tridax procumbens is a wild plant species belonging to the Asteraceae family. It is found in tropical and subtropical areas, especially in India. Tridax procumbens has been used in traditional Ayurvedic medicine for many years. Extracts from the leaves, stem, flower, and roots of Tridax procumbens are found to be rich in alkaloids, steroids, carotenoids, flavonoids, fatty acids, phytosterols, tannins, and minerals. These concoctions are used to treat diabetes, arthritis, and inflammatory reactions and are even applied to open wounds. Several experimental studies have also demonstrated its antioxidant, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and mosquitocidal activities.
Nowadays, the aqueous leaf extract of Tridax procumbens is gaining a lot of attention due to its potential beneficial effects on reproductive health and sexual performance in men. It is gaining popularity as an ayurvedic treatment for infertility, a cure for weak erection, and a natural remedy for erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation.
Clinically speaking, a healthy erection necessitates proper blood circulation to the penis, suitable hormone concentrations, a functional nervous system, and a healthy psychological outlook. These components are often jeopardized when a person has long-term medical issues, particularly diabetes, hypertension, abnormal cholesterol levels, and obesity.
Tridax Procumbens has been found to have various positive effects on the body, including vasodilation and improved blood circulation, which helps in penile erection. It has the potential to relax blood vessels, enhance blood flow to the penis, and strengthen an erection, thus assisting in erectile dysfunction treatment. In addition, it boosts sperm production and increases serum testosterone concentration, which in turn helps to improve male sexual performance and sex drive. In an experimental study, compared to Viagra, Tridax Procumbens was found to have similar effects on male fertility.
These findings bolster the traditional use of Tridax procumbens for sexual well-being. Overall, the evidence points to Tridax procumbens as a promising herb with a long history of medicinal use and its ability to treat erectile dysfunction and enhance sexual performance. However, it is important to remember that it is always best to consult a doctor before taking any supplement and follow the label instructions.
1. Salami SA Salahdeen HM Rahman OC, Murtala BA, andRaji Y).Oral Administration of Tridax procumbensAqueous Leaf Extract Attenuates Reproductive Function Impairments in L-NAME Induced Hypertensive Male Rats.Middle East Fertil Soc J.2017;22(3):219–225.
2. Ankita J, Jain A; Tridax procumbens (L.): A Weed with Immense Medicinal Importance: A Review. Int J Pharma and Bio Sci.2012;3(1):P544–P552.
3. Samantha B, Heather M, Toma T, Esli-Armando C-J, Olga K. A Review of Medicinal Uses and Pharmacological Activities of Tridax Procumbens (L.). Accessed from https://www.ccsenet.org/journal/index.php/jps/article/view/70502
4. Pareek H, Sharma S, Jain GC. Evaluation of Ameliorative Efficacy of Tridax Procumbenson the Sexual Performance of Male Rats with Alloxan-induced Diabetes.CIBTech J Pharm Sci. 2014;3:50–59.
5. Salami SA, Salahdeen HM, Balogun ZA, Murtala BA, Raji Y. Mechanisms in Tridax procumbens Leaf Extract Reversal of Paroxetine-induced Erectile Dysfunction in Corpus Cavernosum of Male Wistar Rats. Biomed Res Ther. 2021;8(6):4405–4416.
6. Ingole VV, Mhaske PC, Katade SR. Phytochemistry and Pharmacological Aspects of Tridax procumbens(L.): A Systematic and Comprehensive Review. Phytomed Plus. 2022;2(1):100199.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Filter out the noise and nurture your inbox with health and wellness advice that's inclusive and rooted in medical expertise.
Medtalks is India's fastest growing Healthcare Learning and Patient Education Platform designed and developed to help doctors and other medical professionals to cater educational and training needs and to discover, discuss and learn the latest and best practices across 100+ medical specialties. Also find India Healthcare Latest Health News & Updates on the India Healthcare at Medtalks
Please update your details
Please login to comment on this article