1. Atherosclerosis is a preventable disorder.
2. LDL-C plays a central role in Atherosclerosis, Epidemiological, Observational studies, Genetic studies and randomized control trials have shown the impact of LDL as the Culprit.
3. The more the reduction of LDL-C seen in the primary and secondary prevention trials by the using statins either moderator high-dose more benefit that was witnessed in CV reduction both in morbidity and mortality.
4. Hence, our prime focus should be lowering LDL-C and keeping it low throughout our life.
a) Lower the better
b) Earlier the better
c) Longer the better.
6. LAI recommendation in 2020:
a) For high risk <70 mg/dL
b) Very high risk <50 mg/dL.
Introduced extreme risk group
Extreme risk Category A:
a) Requires <50 mg/dL
b) Optional <30 mg/dL
Extreme risk Category B:
a) <30 mg/dLPlease visit: www.lipid.net.in
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Filter out the noise and nurture your inbox with health and wellness advice that's inclusive and rooted in medical expertise.
Medtalks is India's fastest growing Healthcare Learning and Patient Education Platform designed and developed to help doctors and other medical professionals to cater educational and training needs and to discover, discuss and learn the latest and best practices across 100+ medical specialties. Also find India Healthcare Latest Health News & Updates on the India Healthcare at Medtalks
Please update your details